Who is afraid of suspension
Senator Kuwa, a serving member of the Nigerian Senate, has sparked fresh reactions after declaring that he is not afraid of being suspended, insisting that his duty is to speak for the Nigerian people.
Speaking on the matter, the senator said:
I don't know why you are calling for suspension. Who is afraid of suspension? I can leave without the Senate. Tinubu is doing his own work. I am doing mine. I'm a representative of the people. I have sent my message. If the Senate decides, I'm okay.
He stressed that his major concern is not the President creating an agency, saying that the Constitution allows the President to do so without the approval of the National Assembly.
According to him, the real issue is how such an agency found its way into the national budget.
My main concern is about the budget. Mr. President can constitute or create an agency without National Assembly approval. Constitutionally, he is bound to do so. Therefore, I'm not concerned about that one. What we are concerned about is who legalized the inclusion, or who facilitated the inclusion of that agency in the national budget, which is our constitutional responsibility. Who defend that budget?

Comments
Post a Comment